1/30/2013

Lemon Coco Cake

Ingredients
- A large bowl
- A cake pan
- Malibu
- Lemon juice
- One lemon (for zest)
- Shredded coconut
-Three eggs
- Three yoghurt of flour
- One and half yoghurt of rapeseed oil
- One yoghurt of brown sugar (or sugar)

Method
1. First, preheat the oven to one hundred and eighty degrees
2. Then, mix in a large bowl three eggs, three yoghurt pots of flour, one and half yoghurt pot of rapeseed oil, one yoghurt of brown sugar (or white sugar if you don't have brown one), two tablespoons of Malibu, the zest of three lemons and shredded coconut (in the order!)
3. After that, mixing well the preparation and add it four tablespoons of lemon juice and mixing well again
4. Next, put in the buttered cake pan (or in a silicone pan) and bake for forty minutes
5. Finally, dust the cake with shredded coconut again, cut into slices and enjoy

Personal comments
The lemon coco cake is not a simple cake for me, in my dish, I wanted to show the link between Spain (for the lemon), Malaysia (for the coconut) and England (for the cake obviously).
I want England to accept Spain and Malaysia in their diversity of culture and food. And I think if I integrate English food with Spanish and Malaysian food in dishes of English people, I'm sure it could be possible to integrate it into the English system.
I love English, Spanish and Malaysian food. I think it could be interesting to mix three countries into the same cake, three very different countries in their diversity of culture, language and traditions... And it's a good challenge to merge all of this into one unique cake.
I know Malaysian culture is not really famous, but I'm here to help Malaysian food to seduce English people; I want to show that the mix of Malaysian, Spanish and English culture is very interesting and delicious.

by Grégory Moncassin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.