1/30/2013

British Pizza

Ingredients
1 tsp yeast
1 ½ cup of warm water
4 ½ cups of flour
1 tbsp of olive oil
6 tbsp of tomato sauce
4 porc sausages
4 pieces of bacon
4 mushrooms
graped cheese (cheddar)
1 egg

Method
First you have to make your dough.
So in a large bowl drop 1 tsp of yeast, 1 cup of warm water, 4 ½ cups of flour, 1 tbsp of olive oil, then mix with your hands until you get a nice firm dough, put it a side.
Then you're going to chop your bacon,mushroom and sausages, and cook them all together, to give it more taste in a cooking pan.
Afterwards take ck your dough spread it on a large pizza plate, then spread your tomato sauce equally on it and drop your filling of chopped mushrooms, bacon and sausages, on top of it and drop the grated cheddar cheese.
Place it in the oven for about 20min, take it out crack the egg in the middle and put it back in the oven for about 10min until the egg is cooked.

Personal  comments
I chose to do a British/Italian pizza because Italian food is my absolute favourite !!! I think it's really tasty and classy, i love it ! But I also love British food even if isn't as classy as Italian food it's my origins and I'm proud of that.
So I thought "Why not try and mix my two favourite types of food?" I thought of it as some kind of challenge, since those two types of food are not the same at all ! 
Italian food is a delicacy, it's hard working, pushing cooking to the perfection.
British food is greasy, and more of a fun way to eat (at least for me it is).
I chose the pizza to be the base of this dish and took the British breakfast ingredients for the topping, since British breakfast it one of the best British dishes ever.
And there you have it, a dish with my two favourite types of food. I think it makes a good mix, and it could be a new connection between Italy and UK, and it is really good. Enjoy !

By Eva A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.