1/23/2013

Asian Bricks

Method 1. First, cook the rice as usual and put it in a large bowl. 
2. Then, add a box of tomato tuna.
3. Mix the ingredients vigorously.
4. Then, add a pinch two or three pinches of cinnamon, 2 pinches of paprika and a pinch of salt.
5. Mix everything well again.
6. Now you're mixture is ready.
7. Then, takes the leaves of bricks and add your mixture into, make a form, one you like. For example, triangles, little gifts...
8. Then, with the aid of a brush "paint" your bricks with egg yolks.
9. Now, you can bake them in a frying pan with two tablespoons of oil, during 5 or 10mn, until they are golden.

Personal comments To me, the "Asian bricks" are the fusion between two countries; Indonesia and Tunisia. Indonesia, because of the rice, indeed it comes from Asia. And Tunisia, because the bricks are from there. 
I chose these two countries because I really love them, I have been  in Indonesia two times, and I am from North Africa, or rather, my grandparents are. It's an easy recipe, and I think, I hope, people will like this dish a lot.
I made this dish because I think it's very interesting to mix two really different dishes into one, two different cultures, different kinds of people.
We should do this more often, absorb and adapt external influences to our country and make people discover our culture and influences too. 
It's really important for me to be open-minded, and share what I like with people around me who are interested to discover new things too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.